- Difference between human and physical environments the physical regions of the United States and the features of each.
- Affects of environment on human behavior and ways of life.
- Positive and negative affects of humans on the environment.
- Examples of types of tourism and recreation and the affects of each, including state and national parks.
Students are able to:
- List examples of the ways human and physical environments affect people and the ways they live.
- Differentiate between regions of the United States based upon their physical features.
- Differentiate between positive and negative effects that people have on the environment.
- Explain the benefits of recreation and tourism, including at state and national parks.
Students understand that:
- There are various ways that people are affected by their human and physical environments, as well as the effects, both positive and negative, that humans have on the environment.
- human environment
- physical environment
- physical features
- regions of the United States
- recognize benefits
- state parks
- national parks