- The importance of celebrations and events in the local. community and throughout Alabama.
- The purpose of primary and secondary sources.
- Techniques to differentiate between fact and fiction.
- Vocabulary: fact, fiction, celebrations, historical events, primary sources, secondary sources
Students are able to:
- Identify, discuss, and list celebrations and historical events in the local community and throughout Alabama.
- Differentiate between fact and fiction when sharing stories or retelling events using primary and secondary sources.
Students understand that:
- There are celebrations and historical events in the local community and throughout Alabama such as the Selma Bridge Crossing, Jubilee, Mardi Gras, Boll Weevil Festival, Montgomery Bus Boycott, and Black History Month.
- Primary and secondary sources are an important way to differentiate between fact and fiction.
- historical events
- primary sources
- secondary sources